Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Unit 4 #8 Poetry



Poem 1: Riffle:


On April 12 1867 i was the riffle of a confederate, confederate Pvt. Edmund ,i shot and spotted my place of disaster in Charleston North Carolina, i was the riffle that released my hornets out of my bread basket when the hunky but dorky bullets charged from my mouth, this first shot began something big , something that would change lives and that will go into history, i am the riffle that started a new begging i am the riffle that's gone make a change, a war, a historic story i am the riffle of Fort Sumter.




Poem 2:Freedmans School:


I am Freedman's school


i am one of many Freedman's schools in postwar south.


I am here to make sure kids are top rail


I make it snug as bug


my workers make sure that the students are fit as a fiddle, and toeing the mark


must i remind you that i am Freedman's school


I am here for the students to have a place of study


to learn how to read, write, & expand their thoughts


i am bully to see kids come in and do hard case work


& at the end of the day i enjoy seeing the kids


skedaddle down the long dirt roads knowing that i will see their smiling and bright faces the next morning


so again i must mention i am Freedman's school.

2 comments:

carrie said...

Ok. Shows understanding of concept. Some small errors, but overall good. 33/35 points for this one.

carrie said...

2nd poem is good, and I like your use of slang. Needed a bit more about who the Freedmen's schools were serving. 33/35 points.