Monday, August 11, 2008

1st Assignment

Assignment#1:

1.Most people come to the U.S. today because of the fact we have more freedom. The U.S. also have better qualities and other things that may be needed.Coming here to the U.S. immigrants gain more freedom and happiness.But the bad thing is sometimes immigrants coming to the U.S. effect the Americans life style. By that I mean for an example when Hispanics come over they don't pay taxes and the Americans basically take care of them out of their taxes which is unfair when they have the ability to drive nice cars and things with no problem but on the other hand , us the Americans struggle to have a nice car. This is just my opinion, others may think different.



2.If I could move any where it would be a nice place where I can have freedom that may not be given in the united states.As you can see I would immigrate for both reason freedom and economic purposes. I would do both because I would like to see what the differences is money wise and freedom wise.Where would i like to go I'm not sure but I don't wanna be any where, where there is not allot of violence. To make a long story short I would like to be some where that I wouldn't have to worry about much but happiness.





Assignment # 2













2 comments:

Jazmon Sims said...

I think your statement about freedom and economics paragraph is very good and true. but it can be rude to the mexicans because if I was an immigrating from somewhere else I will take it offensive. (NO OFFENSE)
I agree with your second paragraph because that would be the only reason why I would immigrate somewhere else.

carrie said...

Yes, what you've said in your first paragraph is your opinion, but I can't agree. Everyone in the U.S. pays taxes, whether it's income, property, or sales tax. So, I would say that the statement about Hispanic immigrants is false.

I like what you've said in your second paragraph. I agree about the lack of violence being huge in a society's overall success and happiness.

Good post overall, but quite a few small errors that I can help you fix for maximum points. As is you earned 16/20 points.